Frankencamera

 

The Rig: A 1960s  Canon FL 55mm 1.2 lens on a 2011 Nikon D5100 with  a little blue Fotodiox adaptor to make it all happen.

I have a couple old manual lens that were handed down to me from family so I wanted to give them a try on this little DSLR. I have two Canon bodies as well and did shot some film with this lens and the other but I keep driving around looking for the Fotomat in the parking lot of my local grocery store but I can't seem to find it. I have found a place in my city to develop the film I just haven't dropped it off yet.

That being said I do love film but digital is faster and cheaper so I wanted to have a way to use them on this camera. And of course the internet didn't disappoint.  There are many out there to do the job you just need to find the one that goes with your camara + lens combination. A friend of mine had one on his Fujifilm digital camera so I know they were out there.

I do love film but I do not love manual focus! But I still want to give it a try.

Today was an over cast day and my family were going to visit the Emmanuel Episcopal Church at Brook Hill. This is a small church tucked off a main road and is almost unnoticable.




As noted this is a 55mm lens, I am shooting on a cropped sensor Nikon which causes magnification and the Fotodiox  has it's own magnification to add. In the end I am not even sure what the magnification ended up but it was probably too much for the subject matter I was shooting. I had to get pretty far away to fit what I wanted in the frame. Next I am going to try my Canon FL 28mm 3.5.

Emmanuel Episcopal Church: The church opened in 1860. We were told that a family was tired of traveling downtown to church which took a couple days in the late 1800s so they built their own church. It has been renovated a few times but is still a beautiful little church.


I hope to get better with the manual focus and figuring out the best settings for these lens. The journey continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meadow Farm

River Adjacent

New Orleans