James Turrell Twilight Epiphany Skyspace and other travel photos in Houston

About a year ago I saw a place called the James Turrell Twilight Epiphany Skyspace on the campus of Rice University in Houston Texas but was unable to stop by and see it.. sunrise is hard to make. You can visit at sunset as well but I hadn't made it then either.

The space is located on the camps in a long grassy area between campus buildings. Walking up to it at 6am while it is glowing an orangey red was an interesting experience. There was no one else around and it was very quiet with only some noise from the city and a few bugs.

As the morning went on the lights under the roof cycled through different glowing color combinations. It was a very peaceful and relaxing way to spend the morning.





The Hobbit Café is a great little spot in Houston for some food and a drink. We try to visit evetime we are in town.


And as we like to walk in the towns we visit we came across this city scene.

For better or worse this was  short trip and I didn't bring my camera so I had to use my iPhone. And as usual with my phone i forget it wants to make everything bright so it did it's long magical exposure and ruined the blue glowing scene in hte dark I did my best to regain the image in Lightroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meadow Farm

River Adjacent

New Orleans