New Orleans

When I first went down to New Orleans I thought it would be a good opportunity to practice Street Photography. While I was taking the photos I was thinking I would title this post "Street Photography: Art or Snapshots of Strangers?". Not that I don't think Street photography is art I am just not sure my street photography is art. I think you need to have the time to get the "Moment" in street photography and then the skills to have the correct settings and composition when said moment happens. I am not sure I have those skills but just maybe I had some happy accidents.

Kit: Nikon18-200mm 3.5 Lens on Nikon D5100










I think I might have gotten some decent street shots.



I go back an forth about editing images to the point that they don't resemble the color, light etc. of the actual scene I was photographing. I think the reason I lean towards not liking it in my images is because I feel like I use it as a crutch when the image doesn't turn out. I can add presets and move sliders around to give it an unnatural look or at least not the natural light and colors that I was taking a picture of.










I am thinking about trying to either do black and white and or try to keep as close to the natural lighting as possible for a while and see if that helps me with my composition and dialing the correct settings.

Kit: iPhone 12 Pro




Comments

  1. I'm finally catching up on your blog. Wow, some great moments captured from your Gras trip! I particualarly like the Lottery billboard over the cemetary, the "Z" Zulu Man and the swamp photos! Some excellent nature stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meadow Farm

River Adjacent